*SCAPEmedia SPOTLIGHT: Visual Effects with Dayne Cowan
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable (Please read the important notes below)
Wolf Totem is a French and Chinese co-production directed by acclaimed filmmaker Jean-Jacques Annaud. Singapore based VHQ were the main visual effects vendor for the feature film and created one of the major sequences in the film involving a wolf pack pursuing a herd of horses in a heavy blizzard. This sequence contained extensive computer graphics, all of which had to be as realistic and “invisible” as possible in order for it to be a success. In this talk, Dayne Cowan, who is the Visual Effects Supervisor of the film, will take you through the process of creating this work, from its early conceptual stages right through to final delivery, and explain the many fascinating challenges encountered along the way.
The session will be moderated by Michael Lim, founder of the Singapore Visual Effects and Animation FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGVFXnAnimation/
Dayne Cowan is the VP of Feature Film at VHQ Media and oversees operations in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.
He has over 22 years experience in film and visual effects and has worked extensively with the film industries in Europe, North America and Asia. He most recently collaborated with director Jean Jacques Annaud on the film Wolf Totem, for which VHQ were the main vendor for visual effects. Dayne’s other film credits are extensive and include Hollywood movies such as Batman Begins, Stranger Than Fiction, 10000 BC, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Paul, Battle Los Angeles, John Carter and the Academy Award winning film The Reader.
He is also a serving Board Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES) and very active with many of it’s global committees.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 28 April 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
- Venue was changed to "*SCAPE Gallery, Level 5". Orig#161005 2016-04-14 10:01:29